I basically owe everything in my career to this point to my colleagues and opportunities at Opower (acquired by Oracle in 2017).
As a team, we helped reduce global energy consumption by 31 terrawatt-hours (and counting!). That's the same as:
- Charging 2.7 billion smartphones 📱🔌
- Changing 8.3 million incandescent lightbulbs to LEDs 💡
- Planting 363 million plants for carbon capture 🌳
This has a direct impact on decarbonization to the tune of 15.2 million metric tons of CO2s. That's the same as:
- Not burning 16.7 billion pounds of coal 🔥
- Taking 3.3 million passenger vehicles off the road for an entire year 🚗
And I learned a hell of a lot along the way. forever 💙.
Some More Fun Numbers
In my last few years, I helped design and build the third generation of our flagship product, the Home Energy Report (HER). As of 2022, over 1,000,000,000 HERs have been sent across the world (via email and paper).
- Employed for 2748 days (day 1: 2014-07-07)
- Wrote 6 company-wide RFCs
- Filed 936 and closed 1332 tickets in Jira
- 5,848 commits
- 3,162 pull requests
- Code merged into 24 github organizations across 252 repositories
- Modified 994,624 lines of code